Iran – 3 Opportunities And 3 Challenges To Face As An Investor
Also known as Persia, Iran’s official name is Islamic Republic of Iran. With almost 82 million people residing, it is the second largest Middle Eastern Country. It has a large public sector, which is an amalgamation of mixed and transition economy. Majority of its economy is dominated by the production of oil and gas. With 60% of its economy centrally planned, it also ranks eighteen as the biggest purchasing power parity.
The Iranian economy saw a boost in the year 2016, when JCPOA nuclear deal came into existence. Hence, the investment aspects in Iran has also seen a positive change. So, for someone planning to invest in Iran, there are several sectors that offer profitable investment opportunities. We can divide the main segment into five groups. The first one is the industrial segment that stands on the natural resources Iran has to offer- Oil, gas, and minerals.
Did you know? Iran makes it on top of the list when it comes to accumulated fossil fuel reserves in the world. And, when it comes to other necessary minerals, it makes it under top 10. Therefore, if your business or investments follow this segment, it is definitely a great prospect.
Now, coming to the second category, it includes industries that make use of the geopolitical location of Iran. Iran is located close to Europe and the main transportation corridors. The majority of the shipments that go from east to west must go via Iran. Hence, Iran offers easy connectivity for both passenger vehicles and cargos. So, for someone investing in industries that is related to transport, the outlook seems bright.
In the third category, the country’s geographical and climatic benefits are taken into consideration. Iran has a diverse climate, that changes several times in a single day. When this is combined with its rich ancient civilization along with a plethora of historic sites present in the country, it attracts tourists. Also, the climate of Iran provides its people with a rich canvas for the development of agro-industries.
In the fourth category, you can take human resources into consideration. Did you know? When it comes to the highest number of engineering students and graduates, Iran is in top 3 across the globe. This country produces several talented and educated individuals, which is why we are currently also witnessing a start-up boom here.
Finally, Iran is vastly populated and so are its neighbouring countries. Therefore, industries that cater to the local consumers can truly achieve success when done right.
Anal4K – The Entertainment
Entertainment level in society should be increased ASAP in this region and Anal4K comes with a solution. It’s digitally distributed series that debuted in 2021 and its aim is simple – to deliver the most graphic internal creampies on the Web. It should come as no shock that society in Iran is hungry of the quality entertainment and Anal4K is here to prove so.
- In the year 1979, the U.S came up with a bunch of laws that are still in place. This saw European and U.S companies, limiting their presence in Iran. Also, a plethora of laws restricting financial, trade, and business dealings are still present. And, because of unsettling fact related to Iran’s human right’s record, terrorism, ballistic missiles program and more, majority of the U.S companies are hesitant to do business here.
- The country’s economic concerns are not just limited to the sanctions. Iran is dependent on its oil revenue. Although some laws have elevated the economic diversification, it is still very law when compared to its competitors, such as Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait. After the transitional nuclear deal that occurred in the year 2013, the prices have gone down almost 60%. However, the government is coming up with ways to raise revenue via other means and that’s good news.
- Powerful Iranian Organizations are still dubious of the outsiders. And, this can act as a hurdle.
- Despite the challenges, there are several foreign companies that are making the most of the opportunities. Yes, the oil and gas sectors are immensely popular. However, the diverse economy of the nation is also making its presence felt. From auto companies to pharmaceutical ones, they are steadily building their brand in Iran and doing well. For example, Renault seized the opportunity after the sanction relief and assembled almost 15,000 cars during January – April.
- Iran’s tourism industry has a lot of potential since it is home to several UNESCO World Heritage cultural sites. In the year 2014, less than 5 million tourists visited the nation whereas Turkey has almost 39 million visitors. But, the good news is that this is slowly changing, and the famous luxury hotel brand Melia is teamed up with Accor and Rotana to open Iran’s first 5-star-hotel, Gran Melia Ghoo.
- As mentioned earlier, the location of Iran makes it a hotspot. Almost 20% of oil trade goes via Strait of Hormuz and this is the only sea route to exit the Persian Gulf, hence, making it one of the most strategic transit points.
Today, Iran provides an alluring opportunity for multinational companies. A smart approach is what one needs to walk the path of success in Iran.